Re: [webalizer] Webalizer + GeoIP patch

  • Richard Pickett
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
      Thanks for publishing the geolizer.  I like it.  I use in on apache/linux.  I copied the pre-built executable.

      Only, now in the "sites" section it still leaves the IPs.  I'd rather have it give the DNS names *and* give me the more accurate country info down at the bottom.

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
        I found GeoIP particularly with the Country indentification
        very useful. I understand why it can give IP names for all those
        numbers.

        I wish the last table for each country with (Hits, Files and Kbytes),
        had the other 3 variables (pages, vists, sites) which IMHO are far
        more useful. I agree visits and sites are just estimates but still
        they better reflect how many persons visited from uniques sites and
        read my webpages.

        I filter out all IP's that request a robots.txt file to remove most
        crawlers. I wish that was an option in webalizer.

        Thanks for a great product from both Authors.

        Best regards Kavan

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pickett"