Webalizer + GeoIP patch

  • Stanislaw Pusep
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
      Hello everybody!
      Some time ago I've written patch to get Country statistics directly from IP addresses using libGeoIP. I called that patch "Geolizer" & published it at freshmeat.net. As "side effect" I also made some modifications so now I can compile Webalizer on Win32 under MinGW and get small (400 Kb) executable with no dependencies :)
      If anyone wishes to take a look, here's official page: http://sysd.org/proj/log.php#glzr
      Thanks for attention ;)

      Powered by Outblaze
    • Richard Pickett
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
        Thanks for publishing the geolizer.  I like it.  I use in on apache/linux.  I copied the pre-built executable.

        Only, now in the "sites" section it still leaves the IPs.  I'd rather have it give the DNS names *and* give me the more accurate country info down at the bottom.

        Thanks!

        ttp://www.webalizer.org

      • kur@lanka.phys.cmu.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
          I found GeoIP particularly with the Country indentification
          very useful. I understand why it can give IP names for all those
          numbers.

          I wish the last table for each country with (Hits, Files and Kbytes),
          had the other 3 variables (pages, vists, sites) which IMHO are far
          more useful. I agree visits and sites are just estimates but still
          they better reflect how many persons visited from uniques sites and
          read my webpages.

          I filter out all IP's that request a robots.txt file to remove most
          crawlers. I wish that was an option in webalizer.

          Thanks for a great product from both Authors.

          Best regards Kavan

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pickett"