Re: [webalizer]

  • Fabien Chevalier
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2004
      guy@... wrote:

      > I had found a webpage that said you could write the following shell
      >script, with multiple config. files in a folder at /etc/webalizer, and
      >webalizer would run at the appointed time when this was added to the
      >crontab. Here's the weird thing: it worked fine for about 2 months.
      >Suddenly it won't work AND the script is apparently ok because when I
      >double-click on the file it runs (from a graphical desktop deal).
      >
      >#!/bin/sh
      >
      >for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done
      >

      >The above is located at /root/web.script . Below is the output in
      >squrrelmail for the cron job:
      >
      >/root/web.script: webalizer: command not found
      >

      >I'm a newbie to Linux, webalizer, etc. Anyone tell me what might be
      >happening?
      >

      >Thanks
      >
      >Guy Merritt

      Hello,

      Try to replace 'webalizer' in your shell script with the complete path
      to webalizer.
      The error you have is that when the script is run the webalizer is not
      found on your PATH.
      By the way, you should try to run your script from the console, and not
      to double click
      on it in your favourite GUI -- and tell us if you get the same error
      message or not.

      bye,

      Fabien