how to allow others access to webalizer ?!?

  • tito mussoni
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2004
      hello, I have webalizer 1.30 on my Raq4

      I'd like to be able to allow people to access the stats for my v-sites online. It appears that the only way to do so is to give them the username and password of a site administrator, which I don't want to do.
      Does anyone know an easy way to allow others access to web stats without giving out a site administrators password ?!? Please note that I cannot SSH or Telenet, any chances by doing it with htaccess and ftp ?!?

      thanks for replies

      tito

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • enventa2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2004
        Can't you make a public accessable ftp folder and dump all stats in
        directories?. You can create the stats for each site and then copy
        them in the ftp folder. You could zip them so they only have to
        retrieve a nice single packaged file.

        Just change the script that calls webalizer so that after calling
        webalizer then it copies the created files there and then have it set
        the permision and ownerships in the whole directory with "chmod -R"
        and "chown -R".

        Another way is creating a "webalizer" folder in each v-site, putting
        it accesible from Internet, and protecting it with a .htacces . Or
        dumping the stats in several folders inside one folder and put
        a .htacces in each folder with this content:

        require valid-user
        </Limit>AuthUserFile /home/someone/.passwd
        AuthGroupFile /dev/null
        AuthName Not sure what this does or if the users see it
        AuthType Basic
        <Limit>

        I have done this on my server, but without password protection:
        http://griho.udl.es/usage

        Create your own password file. I believe tou have to put:
        name:shadowed_password

        Something like:
        user:gW/gDN4Us96

        You can copy/paste existing passwords from some existing /etc/shadow
        file. It works for me.

        How do you process the logs in a Raq4? Perhaps you pull them with ftp
        and process them in other machine?

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, tito mussoni <dyintobedancin@y...>