Re: Stuck on installing gd2.0.21

  • John B. Moore
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2004
      FWIW,

      The solution to my problem turned out to be as follows..

      RedHat9 installs the libpng library libpng12.so.0.1.2.2. Therefore all
      that is required to make sure there is a symbolic link from
      "libpng.so" to this file..

      cd /usr/lib
      ln -s libpng12.so.0.1.2.2 libpng.so

      I then used the command line

      ./configure --with-png=/usr --withpnglib=/usr --prefix=/usr

      ..and it now provides png support.

      (Also note that I had to download the source files for libpng and also
      place them in the /usr/include directory. They were not installed by
      default)

      Hope that saves someone a few days...<G>

      John..