How to make visits show up in the Referer section?

  • Weidong Wang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2004
      The referer secton of the report has Hits, but not Visits. Is there
      a way to make both appear in that section?

      Thanks.

      Weidong
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2004
        > The referer secton of the report has Hits, but not Visits. Is there
        > a way to make both appear in that section?

        External referrer information is only presented in the first request to
        the local server, all subsequent requests are from the local server
        itself.. It makes no sense to track 'visits' from referrers, since you
        can pretty much assume that each referral represents a single visit
        (ie: the same number as hits). I'm not sure how you would even go about
        defining a 'visit' from a referrer..

        How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
        know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
        risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG