RE: [webalizer] NT4.0 LogFile location question

  • Paul Altmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
      Hello,

      Thank you for the reply.

      What is the exact link after following the footer below do I want to go
      to. I only read English :( and I was unable to figure it out.

      The version of Webalizer I'm currently running was downloaded for your
      site. The file I downloaded is Webalizer2.01.06.EN.R03.zip and it works
      fine on my local machine provided I create a directory
      c:\wa001\logiis\*.log and place my sample log files there.

      Thank you again for your assistance.

      At 09:13 AM 2/8/01 +0100, you wrote:
      >hi
      >
      >tab logfile MUST contains a FILE, you can't use it for a folder.
      >
      >if you want to use webalizer on multi domain server with IIS, you can
      >download my port from footer of this message. and use somes new tag like
      >FolderName and for process a lot of web server you can use external file
      >with list of Server/LogFolder and OUtputdir.
      >

      >regards

    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
        Hi

        yes i've check my original sample.conf and i found a mistake instruction

        you can read at the end of files my new option like

        # name of folder to read all file inside ...
        # FolderLog C:\JnhDev\WebAlizer32\Exemple de Logs\IIS4.0\Log Standard\
        FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
        ExtentionLog log

        and in this sample, webalizer read only this folder even you use before this
        tag corect option like
        LogFile c:\website\company\companyID\statistics\w3svc104\*.log

        BE CAREFUL : Option FolderLog scratch option LogFile ...
        if you want test wenalizer on a file you MUST add # before FolderLOg TAG.

        regard's