Re: [webalizer] Search strings, referrers, and agents not showing up... please help!

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
      If you changed the log format for apache, you need to restart apache for
      the changes to take effect. The program won't show you referrers and user
      agents if it's not in your logs, so just check the last couple of lines in
      your log to make sure that info is there. Everything else looks fine.
      And you should not need to remove the output directory for the webalizer.

      --

    • Ackerman Family
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
        I am currently running ver 2.0, is upgrading to 2.01 a matter of downloading ver 2.01 and replacing my exe.

        Thanks,
        Ron
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
          > I am currently running ver 2.0, is upgrading to 2.01 a matter of downloading
          > ver 2.01 and replacing my exe.

          No. Please see the README.FIRST document supplied with the distribution
          for important upgrade information.

        • blane_warrene
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
            Your apache config looks right for combined logs - you could add %q to
            the logformat (I believe) to capture query strings as well..

            If you have multiple domains - you may want to create an individual
            conf file for each domain (domain1.conf, domain2.conf, domain3.conf),
            put them all in a folder (/etc/webalizer) and run this command in cron
            to process all log files:

            for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done

            I use this to process logs for a multitude of domains and allows me to
            custom configure each domain's webalizer results.

            Blane Warrene
            http://www.practicalapplications.net