Re: [webalizer] Search strings, referrers, and agents not showing up... please help!

  • Gary Hall
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
      Not sure exactely what you are trying to do, but this works! Gary
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (BEGINING)
      # /etc/webalizer/your-domain.com (substitute your domain name in the
      # 5 references below where it says
      # "your-domain")

      LogFile /var/log/httpd/your-domain.com
      OutputDir /var/lib/webalizer/your-domain.com
      HostName www.your-domain.com
      Incremental yes
      Quiet yes

      # Usually you want to hide these
      HideURL *.gif
      HideURL *.Gif
      HideURL *.css
      HideURL *.jpg
      HideURL *.JPG
      HideURL *.png
      HideURL *.PNG
      HideURL *.ra

      # Your own site should be hidden
      HideSite *your-domain.com
      HideSite localhost

      # Your own site gives the most referals
      HideReferrer *your-domain.com

      # This one hides non-referrers ("-" Direct requests)
      HideReferrer Direct Request

      # Updated on 10-05-2003

      GroupReferrer alltheweb. Alltheweb
      HideReferrer alltheweb.

      GroupReferrer altavista. Altavista
      HideReferrer altavista.

      GroupReferrer aol. AOL
      HideReferrer aol.

      GroupReferrer askjeeves. AskJeeves
      HideReferrer askjeeves.

      GroupReferrer ask. Ask
      HideReferrer ask.

      GroupReferrer completeplanet. Completeplanet
      HideReferrer completeplanet.

      GroupReferrer dmoz. OpenDirectoryProject
      HideReferrer dmoz.

      GroupReferrer dmoz. domz
      HideReferrer dmoz.

      GroupReferrer dogpile. dogpile
      HideReferrer dogpile.

      GroupReferrer eureka. eureka
      HideReferrer eureka.

      GroupReferrer excite. Excite
      HideReferrer excite.

      GroupReferrer fast. Fast
      HideReferrer fast.

      GroupReferrer fireball. Fireball
      HideReferrer fireball.

      GroupReferrer go. Go
      HideReferrer go.

      GroupReferrer google. Google
      HideReferrer google.

      GroupReferrer hotbot. Hotbot
      HideReferrer hotbot.

      GroupReferrer infoseek. InfoSeek
      HideReferrer infoseek.

      GroupReferrer inktomi. Inktomi
      HideReferrer inktomi.

      GroupReferrer iwon. Iwon
      HideReferrer iwon.

      GroupReferrer looksmart. Looksmart
      HideReferrer looksmart.

      GroupReferrer lycos. Lycos
      HideReferrer lycos.

      GroupReferrer mama. mama
      HideReferrer mama.

      GroupReferrer msn.com/ MSN
      HideReferrer msn.com/

      GroupReferrer netscape. Netscape
      HideReferrer netscape.

      GroupReferrer northernlight. Northernlight
      HideReferrer northernlight.

      GroupReferrer overture. Overture
      HideReferrer overture.

      GroupReferrer sympatico. sympatico
      HideReferrer sympatico.

      GroupReferrer teoma. Teoma
      HideReferrer teoma.

      GroupReferrer terra. Terra
      HideReferrer terra.

      GroupReferrer uruguaytotal. Uruguaytotal
      HideReferrer uruguaytotal.

      GroupReferrer web.de web.de
      HideReferrer web.de

      GroupReferrer webcrawler. WebCrawler
      HideReferrer webcrawler.

      GroupReferrer wisenut. Wisenut
      HideReferrer wisenut.

      GroupReferrer yahoo. Yahoo!
      HideReferrer yahoo.

      GroupReferrer yupimsn. MSN
      HideReferrer yupimsn.

      # The "Top" options below define the number of entries for each table.
      # Defaults are Sites=30, URL's=30, Referrers=30 and Agents=15, and
      # Countries=30. TopKSites and TopKURLs (by KByte tables) both default
      # to 10, as do the top entry/exit tables (TopEntry/TopExit). The top
      # search strings and usernames default to 20. Tables may be disabled
      # by using zero (0) for the value.

      #TopSites 30
      #TopKSites 10
      #TopURLs 30
      #TopKURLs 10
      #TopReferrers 30
      #TopAgents 15
      #TopCountries 30
      #TopEntry 10
      #TopExit 10
      #TopSearch 20
      TopSearch 40
      #TopUsers 20

      # The SearchEngine keywords allow specification of search engines and
      # their query strings on the URL. These are used to locate and report
      # what search strings are used to find your site. The first word is
      # a substring to match in the referrer field that identifies the search
      # engine, and the second is the URL variable used by that search engine
      # to define it's search terms.

      # Updated on 10-05-2003
      SearchEngine alltheweb.com query=
      SearchEngine altavista.com q=
      SearchEngine aol. query=
      SearchEngine dmoz.org search=
      SearchEngine dogpile. q=
      SearchEngine eureka.com q=
      SearchEngine excite. search=
      SearchEngine google.com q=
      SearchEngine hotbot.com MT=
      SearchEngine infoseek.com qt=
      SearchEngine lycos.com query=
      SearchEngine mamma.com query=
      SearchEngine msn.com MT=
      SearchEngine netscape.com search=
      SearchEngine northernlight.com qr=
      SearchEngine overture. Keywords=
      SearchEngine sympatico. query=
      SearchEngine webcrawler. searchText=
      SearchEngine yahoo.com p=

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- (END)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
        If you changed the log format for apache, you need to restart apache for
        the changes to take effect. The program won't show you referrers and user
        agents if it's not in your logs, so just check the last couple of lines in
        your log to make sure that info is there. Everything else looks fine.
        And you should not need to remove the output directory for the webalizer.

        --

      • Ackerman Family
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
          I am currently running ver 2.0, is upgrading to 2.01 a matter of downloading ver 2.01 and replacing my exe.

          Thanks,
          Ron
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
            > I am currently running ver 2.0, is upgrading to 2.01 a matter of downloading
            > ver 2.01 and replacing my exe.

            No. Please see the README.FIRST document supplied with the distribution
            for important upgrade information.

          • blane_warrene
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2004
              Your apache config looks right for combined logs - you could add %q to
              the logformat (I believe) to capture query strings as well..

              If you have multiple domains - you may want to create an individual
              conf file for each domain (domain1.conf, domain2.conf, domain3.conf),
              put them all in a folder (/etc/webalizer) and run this command in cron
              to process all log files:

              for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf; do webalizer -c $i; done

              I use this to process logs for a multitude of domains and allows me to
              custom configure each domain's webalizer results.

              Blane Warrene
              http://www.practicalapplications.net