Re: [webalizer] Please help... I'm stuck and clueless!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
      1) Set your web server to use 'combined' log format [httpd.conf]
      2) Enable hostname lookups on your web server. [httpd.conf]
      3) HideURL /cpanel [webalizer.conf]
      HideURL /images
      [... etc ...]

      --

      On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, jlyandco wrote:

      > I'm pretty rusty and I could use some help... I reinstalled Webalizer
      > for a "virtual host" customer, and we're back to basic logs (not
      > displaying what I KNOW can be done)... and after more than two hours
      > trying this and trying that, I'm still very much in need of some help
      > from some Good Samaritan (please!):
      >
      > 1) reports still do not show any search engine or search string data;
      > > At one point, I remember seing both numerous search engines, as well
      > as the keywords and phases that people used to find our site.
      >
      > 2) my country graph is still 100% unresolved;
      > > At one point, I remember being able to break this down to identify
      > the individual countries, etc.
      >
      > 3) my reports still show URL's within our site (e.g., /cpanel,
      > /images, etc.)
      > > I understand that there's some way to supress these in the report,
      > but I have never been able to get it to work correctly.
      >
      > I know that I have a "webalizer.config" file within the htdocs/
      > directory for each "virtual host" site, and that there is also the
      > "httpd.conf" (www/conf/httpd.conf). I know that virtually everything
      > is done to the "webalizer.config" file... but I seem to remember doing
      > something to the "httpd.conf" that helped -- but I don't remember
      > exactly what.
      >
      > Hopefully, I'm not asking too much here... I believe that it's
      > "child's play" for some of you gurus, but it feels like a lobotomy to
      > me.
      >
      > Thanks for any help!
      >
      > Kind regards,
      > Jeff

      > ttp://www.webalizer.org
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • jlyandco
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
        Brad,

        You are absolutely awesome! I love your attitude... it is obvious that
        you have a servant's heart in the way that you so willingly provide
        help to all of us. And your position on Micro$oft is echoed from my
        corner as well!

        Here's hoping that you get a few extra jewels in your heavenly crown,
        and that you win a major lottery in the meantime!

        Thanks a googleplex!
        Jeff