Please help... I'm stuck and clueless!

  • jlyandco
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
      I'm pretty rusty and I could use some help... I reinstalled Webalizer
      for a "virtual host" customer, and we're back to basic logs (not
      displaying what I KNOW can be done)... and after more than two hours
      trying this and trying that, I'm still very much in need of some help
      from some Good Samaritan (please!):

      1) reports still do not show any search engine or search string data;
      > At one point, I remember seing both numerous search engines, as well
      as the keywords and phases that people used to find our site.

      2) my country graph is still 100% unresolved;
      > At one point, I remember being able to break this down to identify
      the individual countries, etc.

      3) my reports still show URL's within our site (e.g., /cpanel,
      /images, etc.)
      > I understand that there's some way to supress these in the report,
      but I have never been able to get it to work correctly.

      I know that I have a "webalizer.config" file within the htdocs/
      directory for each "virtual host" site, and that there is also the
      "httpd.conf" (www/conf/httpd.conf). I know that virtually everything
      is done to the "webalizer.config" file... but I seem to remember doing
      something to the "httpd.conf" that helped -- but I don't remember
      exactly what.

      Hopefully, I'm not asking too much here... I believe that it's
      "child's play" for some of you gurus, but it feels like a lobotomy to
      me.

      Thanks for any help!

      Kind regards,
      Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
        1) Set your web server to use 'combined' log format [httpd.conf]
        2) Enable hostname lookups on your web server. [httpd.conf]
        3) HideURL /cpanel [webalizer.conf]
        HideURL /images
        [... etc ...]

        --

        On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, jlyandco wrote:

        > I'm pretty rusty and I could use some help... I reinstalled Webalizer
        > for a "virtual host" customer, and we're back to basic logs (not
        > displaying what I KNOW can be done)... and after more than two hours
        > trying this and trying that, I'm still very much in need of some help
        > from some Good Samaritan (please!):
        >
        > 1) reports still do not show any search engine or search string data;
        > > At one point, I remember seing both numerous search engines, as well
        > as the keywords and phases that people used to find our site.
        >
        > 2) my country graph is still 100% unresolved;
        > > At one point, I remember being able to break this down to identify
        > the individual countries, etc.
        >
        > 3) my reports still show URL's within our site (e.g., /cpanel,
        > /images, etc.)
        > > I understand that there's some way to supress these in the report,
        > but I have never been able to get it to work correctly.
        >
        > I know that I have a "webalizer.config" file within the htdocs/
        > directory for each "virtual host" site, and that there is also the
        > "httpd.conf" (www/conf/httpd.conf). I know that virtually everything
        > is done to the "webalizer.config" file... but I seem to remember doing
        > something to the "httpd.conf" that helped -- but I don't remember
        > exactly what.
        >
        > Hopefully, I'm not asking too much here... I believe that it's
        > "child's play" for some of you gurus, but it feels like a lobotomy to
        > me.
        >
        > Thanks for any help!
        >
        > Kind regards,
        > Jeff

        > ttp://www.webalizer.org
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • jlyandco
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
          Brad,

          You are absolutely awesome! I love your attitude... it is obvious that
          you have a servant's heart in the way that you so willingly provide
          help to all of us. And your position on Micro$oft is echoed from my
          corner as well!

          Here's hoping that you get a few extra jewels in your heavenly crown,
          and that you win a major lottery in the meantime!

          Thanks a googleplex!
          Jeff