RE: [webalizer] detecting webalizer on PC

  • Ackerman Family
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
      Why would you believe that Webalizer has been secretly installed. Do you have people useing your computer besides you? Webalizer is a Website Statistics tool. It is used to view statistics on those who visit a web site. Here is an example of the output on one of my sites http://www.usaiway.net/stats/ I think that it would take too much user interaction physically at the PC to actually install Webalizer.

      I hope this helps.
      Ron

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2004
        To know if someone installed webalizer:

        IN UNIX: login as root and use one of the following:

        locate usage_
        locate webalizer

        If you don't have locate (which is unlikely), try this:

        find / -name "usage_*"

        This command will search all partitions and mounts active at this
        moment. It may take 15 minutes or even much more...

        IN WINDOWS:

        Open "Start" and then "Search". Look for namefile usage_* You can
        also search for files named README or named webalizer

        To be really sure, you could also search by content of file. Just
        search for some string that appears in the results page or in the
        README file.

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>