Re: [webalizer] log format understood be Webalizer

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2003
      Andrea Classen wrote:
      > There is no problem to sed the files into any other format, but I do not
      > find any specifications on how the format is supposed to be. Can anybody
      > tell me which log formats are ok?

      the second paragraph under "What is The Webalizer" in the README file says

      ===== quote =====

      The Webalizer supports CLF (common log format) log files, as well as
      Combined log formats as defined by NCSA and others, and variations
      of these which it attempts to handle intelligently. In addition, wu-ftpd
      xferlog formatted logs and squid proxy logs are supported.

      ===== end =====

      how could you have missed that?

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
        Thanks for the answer, sorry for the long delay, I was on holidays.

        But I had not missed this paragraph of the README when I sent my
        question. I also know how generally the Combined log format is defined
        in a stanadard Apache installation.
        As I stated in my original message in detail, I am looking for an
        explanation or examples on the variations mentioned here, if possible.
        What does it mean that Webalizer attempts to handle variations
        intelligently, i.e. why would it not understand my format? Sorry if my
        question was not clear enough the first time.

        I had written ....