Re: [webalizer] webalizer output files

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
      simon benedict wrote:

      > I am using FTP to trnasfer the log file and run webalizer
      >
      > I see the folling error message
      >
      > Skipping bad record (3426)
      > Skipping bad record (3427)
      > Skipping bad record (3428)
      > Skipping bad record (3429)
      > Skipping bad record (3430)
      > Skipping bad record (3431)
      > Skipping bad record (3432)
      > Skipping bad record (3433)
      > Skipping bad record (3434)
      > Skipping bad record (3435)
      > Skipping bad record (3436)
      > Skipping bad record (3437)
      > Skipping bad record (3438)
      > Skipping bad record (3439)
      > Skipping bad record (3440)

      these are not related to the problem you ask about below... IIRC, you can access the raw log file and go to the line number
      suggested by the "bad record" entry and see what they say... its been a (long!) while since i traced these down, so my memory may
      not be accurate...

      > but the output directory has the HTML and PNG files generated and the
      > details can be viewed by the browser and no problem but i do have some
      > doubts about the following
      > things i have mentioned below
      >
      > I see that the USAGE by Country pie chart graph shows me the following
      >
      > Unresolved /unknown 80 %

      these are systems that come in with no rDNS... in otherwords, only the IP number is known and available... there are many providers
      that do not provide rDNS back to their domains...

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA