Re: [webalizer] webalizer output files

  • simon benedict
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Louie

      thnaks for the reply . IIS is setup to have logs in W3C extended log file format and i have ftp the logs to my Red Hat Server and run webailizer to genarate HTML files but when i run webalizer i get the following errors

      Warning: Truncating oversized username
      Skipping bad record (716)
      Warning: Truncating oversized username
      Skipping bad record (717)
      Warning: Truncating oversized username
      Skipping bad record (718)
      Warning: Truncating oversized username
      Skipping bad record (719)
      No valid records found!

      and no HTML files genarated in the output directory

      Apreciate if you could help me

      thanks and regards

      simon

      Louie Miranda <louie@...> wrote:
      An easy way is mount your directory to your other server and dump there.
      On your problem one way to mount your windows drive to linux and vice versa is by Samba.

      -- -
      Louie Miranda
      http://www.axishift.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
        Hi

        I am just start using webalizer to analyse my IIS log files. they are generated in WSC plain text format option. Its a 2 day log which i used for testing

        My webalizer software is running on linux machine and the logs are produced on WIN2k
        server using IIS .

        I am using FTP to trnasfer the log file and run webalizer

        I see the folling error message

        Skipping bad record (3426)
        Skipping bad record (3427)
        Skipping bad record (3428)
        Skipping bad record (3429)
        Skipping bad record (3430)
        Skipping bad record (3431)
        Skipping bad record (3432)
        Skipping bad record (3433)
        Skipping bad record (3434)
        Skipping bad record (3435)
        Skipping bad record (3436)
        Skipping bad record (3437)
        Skipping bad record (3438)
        Skipping bad record (3439)
        Skipping bad record (3440)

        but the output directory has the HTML and PNG files generated and the details can be viewed by the browser and no problem but i do have some doubts about the following
        things i have mentioned below

        I see that the USAGE by Country pie chart graph shows me the following

        Unresolved /unknown        80 %

        US commercial                8 %

        network                           4 %

        Saudia Arabia                  4 %

        and other country names which is perfect

        Appreciate if you could let me know how I could get Unresolved / Unknown problem sorted out . also the network ----- tag shown.. does it mean our local network .

         I am using IIS as a webserver which is running on WIN2K machine

        thanks and regards

        simon

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      • waldo kitty
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
          simon benedict wrote:

          > I am using FTP to trnasfer the log file and run webalizer
          >
          > I see the folling error message
          >
          > Skipping bad record (3426)
          > Skipping bad record (3427)
          > Skipping bad record (3428)
          > Skipping bad record (3429)
          > Skipping bad record (3430)
          > Skipping bad record (3431)
          > Skipping bad record (3432)
          > Skipping bad record (3433)
          > Skipping bad record (3434)
          > Skipping bad record (3435)
          > Skipping bad record (3436)
          > Skipping bad record (3437)
          > Skipping bad record (3438)
          > Skipping bad record (3439)
          > Skipping bad record (3440)

          these are not related to the problem you ask about below... IIRC, you can access the raw log file and go to the line number
          suggested by the "bad record" entry and see what they say... its been a (long!) while since i traced these down, so my memory may
          not be accurate...

          > but the output directory has the HTML and PNG files generated and the
          > details can be viewed by the browser and no problem but i do have some
          > doubts about the following
          > things i have mentioned below
          >
          > I see that the USAGE by Country pie chart graph shows me the following
          >
          > Unresolved /unknown 80 %

          these are systems that come in with no rDNS... in otherwords, only the IP number is known and available... there are many providers
          that do not provide rDNS back to their domains...

          --
          _\/
          (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA