Re: [webalizer] webalizer output files

  • Louie Miranda
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      An easy way is mount your directory to your other server and dump there.
      On your problem one way to mount your windows drive to linux and vice versa is by Samba.

      -- -
      Louie Miranda
      http://www.axishift.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
        simon benedict wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > i have redhat linux 8 with apache server running . i have configured
        > webalizer and its workin fine . the IP address is 172.16.2.50
        >
        > now problem is
        >
        > i have another win2k server running IIS and has an ip address of (
        > 172.16.2.60) and i want to use the webelizer which i have curently
        > running on the 172.16.2.50 linux machine to ananlyse the IIS
        > logs which are currently on 172.16.2.60 win2k computer so i can
        > display the HTML files.
        >
        > Both computer are in the same local network
        >
        > Can i use webelizer to do the above. i mean take the input IIS log
        > files which are on 172.16.2.60 win2k machine and have the webalizer
        > genarate the output files on the linux machine
        >
        > if this can be done i really appreciate the detailed procedure or an
        > altenative way which i could go about

        Why don't you just use the Windows version of Webalizer directly on your
        IIS box?

        http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        regards,
        Frank
      • simon benedict
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi Louie

          thnaks for the reply . IIS is setup to have logs in W3C extended log file format and i have ftp the logs to my Red Hat Server and run webailizer to genarate HTML files but when i run webalizer i get the following errors

          Warning: Truncating oversized username
          Skipping bad record (716)
          Warning: Truncating oversized username
          Skipping bad record (717)
          Warning: Truncating oversized username
          Skipping bad record (718)
          Warning: Truncating oversized username
          Skipping bad record (719)
          No valid records found!

          and no HTML files genarated in the output directory

          Apreciate if you could help me

          thanks and regards

          simon

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
            Hi

            I am just start using webalizer to analyse my IIS log files. they are generated in WSC plain text format option. Its a 2 day log which i used for testing

            My webalizer software is running on linux machine and the logs are produced on WIN2k
            server using IIS .

            I am using FTP to trnasfer the log file and run webalizer

            I see the folling error message

            Skipping bad record (3426)
            Skipping bad record (3427)
            Skipping bad record (3428)
            Skipping bad record (3429)
            Skipping bad record (3430)
            Skipping bad record (3431)
            Skipping bad record (3432)
            Skipping bad record (3433)
            Skipping bad record (3434)
            Skipping bad record (3435)
            Skipping bad record (3436)
            Skipping bad record (3437)
            Skipping bad record (3438)
            Skipping bad record (3439)
            Skipping bad record (3440)

            but the output directory has the HTML and PNG files generated and the details can be viewed by the browser and no problem but i do have some doubts about the following
            things i have mentioned below

            I see that the USAGE by Country pie chart graph shows me the following

            Unresolved /unknown        80 %

            US commercial                8 %

            network                           4 %

            Saudia Arabia                  4 %

            and other country names which is perfect

            Appreciate if you could let me know how I could get Unresolved / Unknown problem sorted out . also the network ----- tag shown.. does it mean our local network .

             I am using IIS as a webserver which is running on WIN2K machine

            thanks and regards

            simon

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          • waldo kitty
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
              simon benedict wrote:

              > I am using FTP to trnasfer the log file and run webalizer
              >
              > I see the folling error message
              >
              > Skipping bad record (3426)
              > Skipping bad record (3427)
              > Skipping bad record (3428)
              > Skipping bad record (3429)
              > Skipping bad record (3430)
              > Skipping bad record (3431)
              > Skipping bad record (3432)
              > Skipping bad record (3433)
              > Skipping bad record (3434)
              > Skipping bad record (3435)
              > Skipping bad record (3436)
              > Skipping bad record (3437)
              > Skipping bad record (3438)
              > Skipping bad record (3439)
              > Skipping bad record (3440)

              these are not related to the problem you ask about below... IIRC, you can access the raw log file and go to the line number
              suggested by the "bad record" entry and see what they say... its been a (long!) while since i traced these down, so my memory may
              not be accurate...

              > but the output directory has the HTML and PNG files generated and the
              > details can be viewed by the browser and no problem but i do have some
              > doubts about the following
              > things i have mentioned below
              >
              > I see that the USAGE by Country pie chart graph shows me the following
              >
              > Unresolved /unknown 80 %

              these are systems that come in with no rDNS... in otherwords, only the IP number is known and available... there are many providers
              that do not provide rDNS back to their domains...

              --
              _\/
              (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA