Re: [webalizer]

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17 12:31 PM
      Thanks for the quick reply!

      That is the message I get when I try to view the statistics!

      http://www.domain.com/stats

      the files are in the folder just can't view! Webalizer created the
      directory

      Any other ideas what it might be!

      Thanks,

      Ryan

      On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 12:25 PM, Bradford L. Barrett wrote:

      > That message has nothing to do with the webalizer.
      >
      > --
      >
      > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Ryan wrote:
      >
      > > "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
      > > unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have
      > > enabled CGI access for this directory. "
      > >
      > > Does anyone know what is up with this error, and/or how to fix it?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Ryan
      > --
      > Bradford L. Barrett                      brad@...
      > A free electron in a sea of neutrons     DoD#1750 KD4NAW

      <image.tiff>

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17 12:34 PM
        > That is the message I get when I try to view the statistics!
        >
        > http://www.domain.com/stats
        >
        > the files are in the folder just can't view! Webalizer created the
        > directory

        Sorry, the webalizer doesn't create any directories. Any output directory
        must be created before running the program, and the output pointed to that
        directory. And the program only produces stock HTML files and images, so
        there is no reason why an error would occur related to CGI. I would
        suggest you contact your provider or whoever is responsible for the care
        and feeding of your server. This has nothing to do with the webalizer.

        How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
        know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
        risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG