  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
      "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
      unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have
      enabled CGI access for this directory. "

      Does anyone know what is up with this error, and/or how to fix it?

      Thanks,

      Ryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
        That message has nothing to do with the webalizer.

        --

        On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Ryan wrote:

        > "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
        > unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have
        > enabled CGI access for this directory. "
        >
        > Does anyone know what is up with this error, and/or how to fix it?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Ryan

      • Ryan
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
          Thanks for the quick reply!

          That is the message I get when I try to view the statistics!

          http://www.domain.com/stats

          the files are in the folder just can't view! Webalizer created the
          directory

          Any other ideas what it might be!

          Thanks,

          Ryan

          On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 12:25 PM, Bradford L. Barrett wrote:

          > That message has nothing to do with the webalizer.
          >
          > --
          >
          > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Ryan wrote:
          >
          > > "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
          > > unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have
          > > enabled CGI access for this directory. "
          > >
          > > Does anyone know what is up with this error, and/or how to fix it?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Ryan
          > --
          > Bradford L. Barrett                      brad@...
          > A free electron in a sea of neutrons     DoD#1750 KD4NAW

          <image.tiff>

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
            > That is the message I get when I try to view the statistics!
            >
            > http://www.domain.com/stats
            >
            > the files are in the folder just can't view! Webalizer created the
            > directory

            Sorry, the webalizer doesn't create any directories. Any output directory
            must be created before running the program, and the output pointed to that
            directory. And the program only produces stock HTML files and images, so
            there is no reason why an error would occur related to CGI. I would
            suggest you contact your provider or whoever is responsible for the care
            and feeding of your server. This has nothing to do with the webalizer.

            How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
            know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
            risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG