RE: [webalizer] Hourly reports

  • Ackerman Family
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
      Maybe run it at 00:30 or 00:45
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Fabien Chevalier [mailto:fabien@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 6:41 AM
      To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [webalizer] Hourly reports

      Micha Silver wrote:

      >I've got my apache logs rotating at about 01:00, and webalizer runs as a
      >cron job at 04:00. I get all the graphs and reports as expected, but the
      >hourly reports show results only for the 01:00 - 04:00 time period. In other
      >words it looks like the previous days logs are being skipped.

      Hello,

      It seems you're using the wrong log file.
      Webalizer must be run against the last rotated log file and not
      against the 'current log' file.

      Regards

      Fabien Chevalier

    • Wayne
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
        Message
        Hi All,

        finally got around to upgrading to the latest source, together with geoip. and dns enable However having trouble with the --dns-enable option. (the make fails). Searching on the net shows a couple of problems with RH libraries in the wrong locations, but i) I am using SUSE 8.1, and ii) that was backj with RH7.1. does anyone have a solution ot this problem?

        dns_resolv.o: In function `dns_resolver':
        dns_resolv.o(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `__db185_open'
        dns_resolv.o: In function `open_cache':
        dns_resolv.o(.text+0x12a8): undefined reference to `__db185_open'
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

        I have upgraded the berkeley DB libraries

        Wayne
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
          You should not use the built-in DNS lookup code if you plan on using
          the GeoIP stuff..