Hourly reports

  • Micha Silver
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
      I've got my apache logs rotating at about 01:00, and webalizer runs as a
      cron job at 04:00. I get all the graphs and reports as expected, but the
      hourly reports show results only for the 01:00 - 04:00 time period. In other
      words it looks like the previous days logs are being skipped.
      In my conf file I have:

      HistoryName arava.hist
      Incremental yes

      and the two files, arava.current and arava.hist get rewritten every morning
      at about 05:00.

      What should I do to get the proper hourly logs??

      TIA

      --Micha

      Quiet people aren't the only ones who don't say much. -
      R. Baalke
    • Fabien Chevalier
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
        Micha Silver wrote:

        >I've got my apache logs rotating at about 01:00, and webalizer runs as a
        >cron job at 04:00. I get all the graphs and reports as expected, but the
        >hourly reports show results only for the 01:00 - 04:00 time period. In other
        >words it looks like the previous days logs are being skipped.

        Hello,

        It seems you're using the wrong log file.
        Webalizer must be run against the last rotated log file and not
        against the 'current log' file.

        Regards

        Fabien Chevalier
      • Ackerman Family
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
          Maybe run it at 00:30 or 00:45
          >I've got my apache logs rotating at about 01:00, and webalizer runs as a
          >cron job at 04:00. I get all the graphs and reports as expected, but the
          >hourly reports show results only for the 01:00 - 04:00 time period. In other
          >words it looks like the previous days logs are being skipped.

          Hello,

          It seems you're using the wrong log file.
          Webalizer must be run against the last rotated log file and not
          against the 'current log' file.

          Regards

          Fabien Chevalier

        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
            Message
            Hi All,

            finally got around to upgrading to the latest source, together with geoip. and dns enable However having trouble with the --dns-enable option. (the make fails). Searching on the net shows a couple of problems with RH libraries in the wrong locations, but i) I am using SUSE 8.1, and ii) that was backj with RH7.1. does anyone have a solution ot this problem?

            dns_resolv.o: In function `dns_resolver':
            dns_resolv.o(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `__db185_open'
            dns_resolv.o: In function `open_cache':
            dns_resolv.o(.text+0x12a8): undefined reference to `__db185_open'
            collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

            I have upgraded the berkeley DB libraries

            Wayne
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
              You should not use the built-in DNS lookup code if you plan on using
              the GeoIP stuff..