Segmentation fault error

  • Imran Aziz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hello All,
      I setup a new virtual server and altered its log location. setup
      webalizer to create reports by using a config file.
      I run the webalizer as
      webalizer -c domain.conf
      the log file was read okay and it generated the stats.
      I used cron deamon to schedule this process and it works fine for only one
      day, now when I try to create new logs I get this error

      [root@ns admin]# webalizer -c /etc/webalizerconf/domain.conf
      Segmentation fault
      [root@ns admin]# write error: Broken pipe
      write error: Broken pipe

      what can be the reason for this? what do I have to alter to make this work,
      Please help me with this.
      Thanks a lot in advance.
      regards,
      Imran.
    • Imran Aziz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        To add to my previous post, The environment is Red Hat Linux 7.3 with Apache
        web server installed on it.

        > I setup a new virtual server and altered its log location. setup
        > webalizer to create reports by using a config file.
        > I run the webalizer as
        > webalizer -c domain.conf
        > the log file was read okay and it generated the stats.
        > I used cron deamon to schedule this process and it works fine for only one
        > day, now when I try to create new logs I get this error
        >
        > [root@ns admin]# webalizer -c /etc/webalizerconf/domain.conf
        > Segmentation fault
        > [root@ns admin]# write error: Broken pipe
        > write error: Broken pipe
        >
        > what can be the reason for this? what do I have to alter to make this
        work,
        > Please help me with this.
        > Thanks a lot in advance.
        > regards,
        > Imran.

      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
          any idea why a fully working webalizer install (working for 3 months!!)
          now completely ignores countries.... all visitors appear now to come
          from the UK??? (and looking at the logs I have the usual mix)

          Wayne