RE: [webalizer] make issue ?

  • Florent Gilain
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2003
      Just one precision :

      if i just tell Apache to use "common" log format, all is working perfectly,
      but if i try to use my customized log format, i doesn't...

      Florent

      De : Bradford L. Barrett [mailto:brad@...]
      Envoye : jeudi 18 septembre 2003 17:39
      A : Florent Gilain
      Cc : webalizer@yahoogroups.com

      > I didn't install the GD library as a stand alone apps...in fact, here are
      > the softwares I have installed :
      [...]

      Ok, it appears that you do have the GD library, but apparently an older
      version that does not support PNG images.. I should have looked closer
      at the output of your ./configure run;

      > > checking for main in -lpng... (cached) yes
      > > checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... (cached) no <---
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      > > checking for libgd.a... (cached) /usr/local/lib
      > > checking for gd.h... (cached) /usr/local/include
      [...]
      > > Undefined first referenced
      > > symbol in file
      > > gdImagePng graphs.o
      ^^^^^^^^^^

      Your version of GD doesn't support PNG images.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2003
        The webalizer only supports CLF (common), combined, wu-ftp format, squid,
        W3C and native IIS logs. I suspect you have a weird format where you are
        recording the vhost name in the middle instead of the end of the record
        (if it's on the end, things will still work.. the vhost name will be
        ignored).

        --

        On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Florent Gilain wrote:

        > Just one precision :
        >
        > if i just tell Apache to use "common" log format, all is working perfectly,
        > but if i try to use my customized log format, i doesn't...
        >
        > Florent

        How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
        know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
        risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG