NT4.0 LogFile location question

  • Paul Altmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2001
      Hello,

      How do I change the path where it searches for the log files? I'm having
      trouble getting Webalizer to run on an NT4.0 IIS machine running multiple
      domains. I have modified the webalizer.cong file to search for a
      particular domain's log files as follows:

      LogFile c:\website\company\companyID\statistics\w3svc104\*.log

      However I get the following error:

      Impossible to read the file or it does not contain file c:\wa001\logiis\*.log

      How do I change the path where it searches for the log files? Thanks for
      the help!
    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
        hi

        tab logfile MUST contains a FILE, you can't use it for a folder.

        if you want to use webalizer on multi domain server with IIS, you can
        download my port from footer of this message. and use somes new tag like
        FolderName and for process a lot of web server you can use external file
        with list of Server/LogFolder and OUtputdir.

        regards

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
          Hello,

          Thank you for the reply.

          What is the exact link after following the footer below do I want to go
          to. I only read English :( and I was unable to figure it out.

          The version of Webalizer I'm currently running was downloaded for your
          site. The file I downloaded is Webalizer2.01.06.EN.R03.zip and it works
          fine on my local machine provided I create a directory
          c:\wa001\logiis\*.log and place my sample log files there.

          Thank you again for your assistance.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2001
            Hi

            yes i've check my original sample.conf and i found a mistake instruction

            you can read at the end of files my new option like

            # name of folder to read all file inside ...
            # FolderLog C:\JnhDev\WebAlizer32\Exemple de Logs\IIS4.0\Log Standard\
            FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
            ExtentionLog log

            and in this sample, webalizer read only this folder even you use before this
            tag corect option like
            LogFile c:\website\company\companyID\statistics\w3svc104\*.log

            BE CAREFUL : Option FolderLog scratch option LogFile ...
            if you want test wenalizer on a file you MUST add # before FolderLOg TAG.

            regard's