logrotate and webalizer

  • ejdbroker
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
      So here is the problem. The default size for logrotate to initiate
      the rotation is 5 megs. High usage sites do upwards of 80
      megs a day of logs. So the log is rotated before webalizer can
      get to analyzing it. Also, only 1 back log is stored.

      So now the client calls because his information is missing or
      incomplete in webalizer. And he wants it back. I cant get it back
      can I?

      So I figured I'd fudge the results, to make it look as most
      webalizer stats do. Easy enough..modify the monthly html files
      with numbers, and the index.html to reflect similar numbers.
      The problem lies in the graphs, the daily graphs more
      specifically.

      Anyone have an idea on how to do it, other than photoshop and
      lots of time (12 months worth of graphs)?

      Any insight is appreciated.
    • Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
        Hi!, I had the same problem. Now I'm using cronolog instead of logrotate. Cronolog make logfile per day, for example: www-access-09-10.log

        Every night my script calculates de day of yesterday and runs webalizer for the day of yesterday.

        Bye

        El lun, 08-09-2003 a las 21:48, ejdbroker escribió:
        So here is the problem.  The default size for logrotate to initiate
        the rotation is 5 megs.  High usage sites do upwards of 80
        megs a day of logs.  So the log is rotated before webalizer can
        get to analyzing it.  Also, only 1 back log is stored.

        So now the client calls because his information is missing or
        incomplete in webalizer.  And he wants it back.  I cant get it back
        can I?

        So I figured I'd fudge the results, to make it look as most
        webalizer stats do.  Easy enough..modify the monthly html files
        with numbers, and the index.html to reflect similar numbers.
        The problem lies in the graphs, the daily graphs more
        specifically.

        Anyone have an idea on how to do it, other than photoshop and
        lots of time (12 months worth of graphs)?

        Any insight is appreciated.

        Upgrade to 128-Bit SSL Security!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/p7cEmB/s7qGAA/yigFAA/NhFolB/TM

        Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
        I-network
        C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
        28010 Madrid
        Tel: +34 917021757  Ext.226
        Fax: +34 917021799

        --
        In a World without fences who needs GATES?
        In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2004
          Any plans to include support for QTSS log files?

          --
          Randall Perry
          sysTame

          Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location