RE: [webalizer] Webalizer enhancements - New project

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2003
      > Actually the reason I am writing this is because its absolutely driving
      > me insane creating .htaccess files every single time I add a site.

      If the amount of new sites you add is so huge, then you should already
      have a scripted solution in place, which should include automating the
      access restrictions as well. In addition, there are many other ways of
      providing access restrictions, such as adding authentication/authorization
      code in the produced output via the various HTML* keywords. This could
      be further simplified by including a global config file with just the
      access control stuff and using a per-host config file for each individual
      site. Depends on your environment of course, but there are any number of
      ways to provide access control without having to code specific solutions
      into an otherwise generic analysis tool.