for NT 2.01.06R3

  • Steve Aldred
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      I have been running the previous NT version with NCSA logs for a
      while now just fine. I would like to use the IIS ability in this new
      version, however, when I run it against some test logs it just comes
      up with the bad record error.

      When selecting the W3C log file format, do all logging fields have to
      be selected? My test logs only have about half of the fields selected.

      Also, I'm using the webalizerupdate.bat file to currently run
      webalizer, is this still needed with the old version, because I
      noticed that it read every log file in the LogFolder.

      Thanks,
      Steve
    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
        hi

        i think your trouble comes cause you use weablizerupdate.bat
        now you can read directly log file from IIS (ncsa and w3c)

        you can test directly webalizer from command line and store your
        configuration in webalizer.conf.

        regard's
        JN

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
          I actually tried running it from a separate directory (as if I didn't have
          webalizer installed previously) and modified the webalizer.conf as you
          recommended in a previous post. Are there certain fields that are expected
          to be in the log file?

          Thanks,
          Steve