Re: [webalizer] --> DNS on Webalizer

  • PeterBX
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
      If there are a large number of records to go through it may just be processing them. That happens to me when I run them manually. Doesn't look like it's doing anything but there are just a lot of records to process. If you are sure there aren't that many records than it may be a problem with the conf file or possibly the installation. Check the log file size and go from there.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
        > When I enable DNS on webalizer.conf, and type webazolver, I get:
        >
        > Webalizer V2.01-10 (SunOS 5.8) English
        > Using logfile /Apache/logs/access_log (clf)
        > DNS Lookup (10):
        >
        > and it blocks on this.. nothing happens.... whats wrong ???

        Nothing is wrong.. it's not blocking anything, it's doing dns lookups.
        Just wait until it finishes (which could be a while depending on how
        large your logs are). Once done, it will print timing info after the
        message above.