--> DNS on Webalizer

  • Alex Carlos Braga Antão
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
      hello,
      I downloaded the binary version of webalizer for Solaris.
      When I enable DNS on webalizer.conf, and type webazolver, I get:

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (SunOS 5.8) English
      Using logfile /Apache/logs/access_log (clf)
      DNS Lookup (10):

      and it blocks on this.. nothing happens.... whats wrong ???

      Alex C. B. Ant�o
      Analista de Sistemas e Suporte
      ICQ: 5144629
      http://motoviagens.pagina.de
      http://e-modelismo.pagina.de

      Sempre tente manter o seu n�mero de pousos igual ao de suas decolagens.
    • PeterBX
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
        If there are a large number of records to go through it may just be processing them. That happens to me when I run them manually. Doesn't look like it's doing anything but there are just a lot of records to process. If you are sure there aren't that many records than it may be a problem with the conf file or possibly the installation. Check the log file size and go from there.

           I downloaded the binary version of webalizer for Solaris.
           When I enable DNS on webalizer.conf, and type webazolver, I get:

        Webalizer V2.01-10 (SunOS 5.8) English
        Using logfile /Apache/logs/access_log (clf)
        DNS Lookup (10):

         and it blocks on this.. nothing happens....  whats wrong ???

        Alex C. B. Antão
        Analista de Sistemas e Suporte
        ICQ: 5144629
        http://motoviagens.pagina.de
        http://e-modelismo.pagina.de

        Sempre tente manter o seu número de pousos igual ao de suas decolagens.

        Buy the EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray from VitaminBoost.com!
        Get Fast-Acting Hunger Control. 1 Mo. Supply, 80 sprays - $19.97
        http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/VvZh0C/KoaGAA/ySSFAA/NhFolB/TM

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2003
          > When I enable DNS on webalizer.conf, and type webazolver, I get:
          >
          > Webalizer V2.01-10 (SunOS 5.8) English
          > Using logfile /Apache/logs/access_log (clf)
          > DNS Lookup (10):
          >
          > and it blocks on this.. nothing happens.... whats wrong ???

          Nothing is wrong.. it's not blocking anything, it's doing dns lookups.
          Just wait until it finishes (which could be a while depending on how
          large your logs are). Once done, it will print timing info after the
          message above.