Re: [webalizer] webalizer index.html graph running from jan - dec

  • Iain Pople
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23 4:17 PM
      Bradford L. Barrett wrote:

      > Are you running Debian, and did you get the code from them?!? If so, they
      > have munged the source and introduced bugs which produce the results you
      > are seeing. The simple fix is to get the offical source and compile
      > yourself for the target platform.

      Really? It runs fine under debian for me using the debian packages.
    • Iain Pople
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23 4:29 PM
        Iain Pople wrote:

        > Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
        >

        >>Are you running Debian, and did you get the code from them?!? If so, they
        >>have munged the source and introduced bugs which produce the results you
        >>are seeing. The simple fix is to get the offical source and compile
        >>yourself for the target platform.
        >>

        > Really? It runs fine under debian for me using the debian packages.

        Also a quick scan of the diff file shows that none of the webalizer
        source files were touched in creating the package. See:

        http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/webalizer/webalizer_2.01.10-2.diff.gz

        If debian really has introduced a bug then someone should file a bug
        report through the debian bug tracking system.

        cheers, Iain.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23 4:43 PM
          > If debian really has introduced a bug then someone should file a bug
          > report through the debian bug tracking system.

          I've had several reports of this, all (only) from Debian users, and using
          the package from Debian. And there is a bug report (actually, a couple)
          in their tracking system.. and I have reported it to them myself. It
          appears to have occured sometime around the time that they were messing
          with gettext in relation to debconf. No other distributions have
          experienced the problem.