webalizer index.html graph running from jan - dec

  • Rachel Andrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003

      a bit of a strange problem in that the graph on index.html has
      started to display Jan to Dec although the stats are actually correct
      for the month we are in so where it says Dec that is actually July,
      Nov = June and so on.

      Additionally in the table below that instead of each month name I
      just get the last month so currently it says:

      Jul 2003

      for each month, when I click through the months are correct on the
      individual pages though.

      TIA

      Rachel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
        Are you running Debian, and did you get the code from them?!? If so, they
        have munged the source and introduced bugs which produce the results you
        are seeing. The simple fix is to get the offical source and compile
        yourself for the target platform.

        --

        On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Rachel Andrew wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > a bit of a strange problem in that the graph on index.html has
        > started to display Jan to Dec although the stats are actually correct
        > for the month we are in so where it says Dec that is actually July,
        > Nov = June and so on.
        >
        > Additionally in the table below that instead of each month name I
        > just get the last month so currently it says:
        >
        > Jul 2003
        >
        > for each month, when I click through the months are correct on the
        > individual pages though.
        >
        > TIA
        >
        > Rachel

      • Iain Pople
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
          Bradford L. Barrett wrote:

          > Are you running Debian, and did you get the code from them?!? If so, they
          > have munged the source and introduced bugs which produce the results you
          > are seeing. The simple fix is to get the offical source and compile
          > yourself for the target platform.

          Really? It runs fine under debian for me using the debian packages.
        • Iain Pople
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
            Iain Pople wrote:

            > Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
            >

            >>Are you running Debian, and did you get the code from them?!? If so, they
            >>have munged the source and introduced bugs which produce the results you
            >>are seeing. The simple fix is to get the offical source and compile
            >>yourself for the target platform.
            >>

            > Really? It runs fine under debian for me using the debian packages.

            Also a quick scan of the diff file shows that none of the webalizer
            source files were touched in creating the package. See:

            http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/webalizer/webalizer_2.01.10-2.diff.gz

            If debian really has introduced a bug then someone should file a bug
            report through the debian bug tracking system.

            cheers, Iain.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
              > If debian really has introduced a bug then someone should file a bug
              > report through the debian bug tracking system.

              I've had several reports of this, all (only) from Debian users, and using
              the package from Debian. And there is a bug report (actually, a couple)
              in their tracking system.. and I have reported it to them myself. It
              appears to have occured sometime around the time that they were messing
              with gettext in relation to debconf. No other distributions have
              experienced the problem.