Re: [webalizer] search stats problem

  • Iain Pople
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2003
      Hi,

      thanks for the reply (and for writing great software!). The referrer
      field generated by ultraseek are much less than this. Can you think of
      any other reason why webalizer is only picking up a fraction of the
      search terms?

      cheers, Iain.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2003
        The referrer portion is limited to 1024 bytes in total.. after parsing out
        the hostname/url portion, it is restricted to 128 bytes (which does not
        include the cgi portion). The cgi portion itself (everything after the
        first '?' character is limited to the value defined as MAXSRCH in the
        header file:

        #define MAXSRCH 256 /* Max size of search string buffer */

        and the actual search string, after being parsed out of the above is:

        #define MAXSRCHH 64 /* Max size of search str in htab */

        .. all defined in webalizer.h