mod_vhost_alias logfiles and webalizer on win2k

  • listbox_8811@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2003
      Hi.

      I'm using apache2 on windows2000 and I've using the mod_vhost_alias feature
      with "Dynamically configured mass virtual hosting".

      It says in part (here
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html):

      "The main disadvantage is that you cannot have a different log file for each
      virtual host; however if you have very many virtual hosts then doing this is
      dubious anyway because it eats file descriptors. It is better to log to a
      pipe or a fifo and arrange for the process at the other end to distribute
      the logs to the customers (it can also accumulate statistics, etc.)."

      Now I realy love how I that mod works but now I would like to use webalizer
      and process the access log into domain specific subfolders for my hosted
      users.

      So is there a tool out (for windows) there that will split the one
      access_log into the various logfiles for each of their domains and then I
      can use webalizer to process them?

      Thanks!