No index. html after running webalizer

  • jdjlom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
      I am using webalizer with webmin on a redhat 9.0 box. When I run
      webalizer it finishes without any errors. When I go to look at the
      stats it gives me this error "Failed to open report
      file : /var/webalizer/index.html". In fact /var/webalizer is empty.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated. John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
        > I am using webalizer with webmin on a redhat 9.0 box. When I run
        > webalizer it finishes without any errors. When I go to look at the
        > stats it gives me this error "Failed to open report
        > file : /var/webalizer/index.html". In fact /var/webalizer is empty.
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated. John

        There is no error message similar to the one you describe above in the
        webalizer code, so it must be coming from somewhere else. However, it
        typically means that the user running the program doesn't have permissions
        to write to the directory/file.

      • Brian Quinn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
          it sounds like a Webmin error, try running it from the command line and see if it works.  Webmin seems to have a lot of issues in my opinion.  I used it a few times and it jacked up some configs and settings, so i stoped.

          Brian