Re: Virtual domains, multiple outputdirs

  • phpdude
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
      Kay! Good idea.. thanks!

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles
      <jasanchez@i...> wrote:
      > Ok, I understand you. I think the best solution for you is to make soft
      > links from users home to root home:
      >
      > ln -s /home/clientX/www/stats /root/www/stats/clientX
      >
      > By :)
      >

      > El mié, 04-06-2003 a las 12:56, phpdude escribió:
      > Hi Juan, thanks, but its not quite what I had in mind. Basically my
      > script looks like this:
      >
      > #!/bin/sh
      > for i in /jobs/webalizer.confs/*.conf;
      > do /usr/local/bin/webalizer -q -c $i -N 10 \
      > -D /jobs/dns_cache.db;
      > done
      >
      > Each of these .conf files contains an OutputDir directive like this:
      >
      > file: clientX.conf
      > OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats
      >
      > file: clientY.conf
      > OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats
      >
      > This works great, but I also want to create the statistics, for each
      > config file, in another directory, so that the admin (me) can easily
      > view stats for all the hosted websites, preferably without having to
      > call webalizer twice, for each domain. So something like this is
      what
      > I have in mind:
      >
      > file: clientX.conf
      > OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats
      > OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientX
      >
      > file: clientY.conf
      > OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats
      > OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientY
      >
      > Maybe I'm thinking about this in the wrong way, but it seems like a
      > nice feature to me if there's no way to do this. Each virtual site
      > does have its own logfiles.
      >
      > Thanks again..
      >

      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles
      > <jasanchez@i...> wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > Yes, of course, but you need different log files for each
      domain, you
      > > may set output dir with -o option instead the config file. You
      have to
      > > split apache log files by virtualhost.
      > >
      > > But if you have a single log file with all domains you've to
      parse it
      > > with "grep", using only the hits that belongs to the domain
      you need to
      > > analyze. That's all.
      > >
      > > By :)
      > >
      > > El mié, 04-06-2003 a las 12:14, phpdude escribió:
      > >
      > > Hi there, Is it possible to specify multiple outputdirs in a
      > webalizer
      > > .conf file? For each virtual site I want to generate
      statistics for
      > > the client, and for myself (in another output directory).
      Any other
      > > tips on accomplishing something similar are appreciated as
      well.
      > > Thanks in advance.

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > > --
      > > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
      > > I-network
      > > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
      > > 28010 Madrid
      > > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
      > > Fax: +34 917021799
      > >
      > > --
      > > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
      > > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > --
      > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
      > I-network
      > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
      > 28010 Madrid
      > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
      > Fax: +34 917021799
      >
      > --
      > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
      > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
    • Frank Rössler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
        Hello all,

        I just migrated several webservers from linux to OpenBSD 3.3.
        This works perfect with one exception :

        If incremental mode is on (which is needed on certain hosts, since
        logfiles get rotated more than once a month),
        Webalizer inserts blank lines in the file webalizer.current (eg. in the
        agent-list).
        On the next run I get this well-known "unable to restore run
        data(10)"-error.
        Removing the blank lines (grep -v ^$...) allows it to run again - once.
        I get these blank lines again and so forth.

        Now I have two options:
        - to start a script before or after each webalizer run to clean up my
        webalizer.current-files
        - get webalizer patched to omit these blank lines. (which hopefully
        won't lead to side effects)

        since this seems to be specific to OpenBSD I suppose it's got something
        to do with certain differences in the system's libs
        and i'm sure others ran into this same issue.

        That said, I would like to ask the community if there's already
        something existing, before I start to invent the wheel another time ...

        Thanks in advance,
        Frank