Re: [webalizer] Re: Virtual domains, multiple outputdirs

  • Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
      Ok, I understand you. I think the best solution for you is to make soft
      links from users home to root home:

      ln -s /home/clientX/www/stats /root/www/stats/clientX

      By :)

      El mié, 04-06-2003 a las 12:56, phpdude escribió:
      Hi Juan, thanks, but its not quite what I had in mind. Basically my
      script looks like this:

      #!/bin/sh
      for i in /jobs/webalizer.confs/*.conf;
      do /usr/local/bin/webalizer -q -c $i -N 10 \
      -D /jobs/dns_cache.db;
      done

      Each of these .conf files contains an OutputDir directive like this:

      file: clientX.conf
      OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats

      file: clientY.conf
      OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats

      This works great, but I also want to create the statistics, for each
      config file, in another directory, so that the admin (me) can easily
      view stats for all the hosted websites, preferably without having to
      call webalizer twice, for each domain. So something like this is what
      I have in mind:

      file: clientX.conf
      OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats
      OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientX

      file: clientY.conf
      OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats
      OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientY

      Maybe I'm thinking about this in the wrong way, but it seems like a
      nice feature to me if there's no way to do this. Each virtual site
      does have its own logfiles.

      Thanks again..

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > --
      > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
      > I-network
      > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
      > 28010 Madrid
      > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
      > Fax: +34 917021799
      >
      > --
      > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
      > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?

      Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
      I-network
      C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
      28010 Madrid
      Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
      Fax: +34 917021799

      --
      In a World without fences who needs GATES?
      In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
    • phpdude
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
        Kay! Good idea.. thanks!

        <jasanchez@i...> wrote:
> [...]
        > > Thanks in advance.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > >

        > > --
        > > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
        > > I-network
        > > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
        > > 28010 Madrid
        > > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
        > > Fax: +34 917021799
        > >
        > > --
        > > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
        > > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > --
        > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
        > I-network
        > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
        > 28010 Madrid
        > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
        > Fax: +34 917021799
        >
        > --
        > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
        > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
      • Frank Rössler
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
          Hello all,

          I just migrated several webservers from linux to OpenBSD 3.3.
          This works perfect with one exception :

          If incremental mode is on (which is needed on certain hosts, since
          logfiles get rotated more than once a month),
          Webalizer inserts blank lines in the file webalizer.current (eg. in the
          agent-list).
          On the next run I get this well-known "unable to restore run
          data(10)"-error.
          Removing the blank lines (grep -v ^$...) allows it to run again - once.
          I get these blank lines again and so forth.

          Now I have two options:
          - to start a script before or after each webalizer run to clean up my
          webalizer.current-files
          - get webalizer patched to omit these blank lines. (which hopefully
          won't lead to side effects)

          since this seems to be specific to OpenBSD I suppose it's got something
          to do with certain differences in the system's libs
          and i'm sure others ran into this same issue.

          That said, I would like to ask the community if there's already
          something existing, before I start to invent the wheel another time ...

          Thanks in advance,
          Frank