Virtual domains, multiple outputdirs

  • phpdude
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi there, Is it possible to specify multiple outputdirs in a webalizer
      .conf file? For each virtual site I want to generate statistics for
      the client, and for myself (in another output directory). Any other
      tips on accomplishing something similar are appreciated as well.
      Thanks in advance.
    • Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
        Hi!

        Yes, of course, but you need different log files for each domain, you may set output dir with -o option instead the config file. You have to split apache log files by virtualhost.

        But if you have a single log file with all domains you've to parse it with "grep", using only the hits that belongs to the domain you need to analyze. That's all.

        By :)

        El mié, 04-06-2003 a las 12:14, phpdude escribió:
        Hi there, Is it possible to specify multiple outputdirs in a webalizer
        .conf file? For each virtual site I want to generate statistics for
        the client, and for myself (in another output directory). Any other
        tips on accomplishing something similar are appreciated as well.
        Thanks in advance.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/NhFolB/TM

        Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
        I-network
        C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
        28010 Madrid
        Tel: +34 917021757  Ext.226
        Fax: +34 917021799

        --
        In a World without fences who needs GATES?
        In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
          Hi Juan, thanks, but its not quite what I had in mind. Basically my
          script looks like this:

          #!/bin/sh
          for i in /jobs/webalizer.confs/*.conf;
          do /usr/local/bin/webalizer -q -c $i -N 10 \
          -D /jobs/dns_cache.db;
          done

          Each of these .conf files contains an OutputDir directive like this:

          file: clientX.conf
          OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats

          file: clientY.conf
          OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats

          This works great, but I also want to create the statistics, for each
          config file, in another directory, so that the admin (me) can easily
          view stats for all the hosted websites, preferably without having to
          call webalizer twice, for each domain. So something like this is what
          I have in mind:

          file: clientX.conf
          OutputDir /home/clientX/www/stats
          OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientX

          file: clientY.conf
          OutputDir /home/clientY/www/stats
          OutputDir /root/www/stats/clientY

          Maybe I'm thinking about this in the wrong way, but it seems like a
          nice feature to me if there's no way to do this. Each virtual site
          does have its own logfiles.

          Thanks again..

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Juan Antonio Sanchez Robles

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
            Ok, I understand you. I think the best solution for you is to make soft
            links from users home to root home:

            ln -s /home/clientX/www/stats /root/www/stats/clientX

            By :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
              Kay! Good idea.. thanks!

              <jasanchez@i...> wrote:
> [...]
              > > Thanks in advance.

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              > >

              > > --
              > > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
              > > I-network
              > > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
              > > 28010 Madrid
              > > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
              > > Fax: +34 917021799
              > >
              > > --
              > > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
              > > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > --
              > Juan Antonio Sánchez Robles
              > I-network
              > C/Marqués de Riscal 11, 2ª planta
              > 28010 Madrid
              > Tel: +34 917021757 Ext.226
              > Fax: +34 917021799
              >
              > --
              > In a World without fences who needs GATES?
              > In a World without walls who needs WINDOWS?
            • Frank Rössler
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
                Hello all,

                I just migrated several webservers from linux to OpenBSD 3.3.
                This works perfect with one exception :

                If incremental mode is on (which is needed on certain hosts, since
                logfiles get rotated more than once a month),
                Webalizer inserts blank lines in the file webalizer.current (eg. in the
                agent-list).
                On the next run I get this well-known "unable to restore run
                data(10)"-error.
                Removing the blank lines (grep -v ^$...) allows it to run again - once.
                I get these blank lines again and so forth.

                Now I have two options:
                - to start a script before or after each webalizer run to clean up my
                webalizer.current-files
                - get webalizer patched to omit these blank lines. (which hopefully
                won't lead to side effects)

                since this seems to be specific to OpenBSD I suppose it's got something
                to do with certain differences in the system's libs
                and i'm sure others ran into this same issue.

                That said, I would like to ask the community if there's already
                something existing, before I start to invent the wheel another time ...

                Thanks in advance,
                Frank