Re: msn search results...

  • tomduesler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      Just in case anyone else runs into this...

      I finally figured it out with some strace commands...

      Even though I was running...

      % webalizer -c /etc/webalizer/webpage-webalizer.conf

      The strace showwed that it still looks for a webalizer.conf file in
      the current working directory first, then in /etc, then the -c option
      that i specified... little did i know there was one in /etc...

      As homer would say... Doh...

      Thanks for all of the responses...

      tom

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        > Even though I was running...
        >
        > % webalizer -c /etc/webalizer/webpage-webalizer.conf
        >
        > The strace showwed that it still looks for a webalizer.conf file in
        > the current working directory first, then in /etc, then the -c option
        > that i specified... little did i know there was one in /etc...

        From the README file:

        "Once executed, the general flow of the program follows:

        o A default configuration file is scanned for. A file named
        'webalizer.conf' is searched for in the current directory, and if
        found, it's configuration data is parsed. If the file is not
        present in the current directory, the file '/etc/webalizer.conf'
        is searched for and, if found, is used instead.

        o Any command line arguments given to the program are parsed. This
        may include the specification of a configuration file, which is
        processed at the time it is encountered."
        [...]