RE: [webalizer] Not updating reports for ALL domains

  • Kostas Giokas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2003

      I have exactly the same problem. And when I say exactly I mean exactly the same. I am stuck mid April as well. I have done exactly the same, uninstalled and re-installed webalizer but nothing.

      Kostas

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
        Hello:

        Just in case someone has this same problem (I had it):

        If your stats suddenly get stuck at a certain day, with no data for
        the following days, even if the entries are in the logs... there are
        two posibilities:

        1) You fed the logs to webalizer in incorrect order. You fed the log
        for day "d", then other logs, then a log containing entries again for
        day "d". Webalizer will get confused and pile everything on day "d".
        You need to feed everything again to webalizer, without the
        incremental mode, this time in the correct order.

        2) You have a misplaced entry in the log.

        Let's say that your stats are stuckin Christmas day "25/Dec/2004" You
        need to search for all entries made that day. Open the file with an
        editor (emacs will do fine for me) and search for "25/Dec/2004".
        You'll see all the entries for that day, one after another. At some
        point entries from "26/Dec/2004" will appear. Keep searching for
        "25/Dec/2004". You should find at least an entry for that day that is
        separated from the others. Like this:

        ...25/Dec/2004...
        ...25/Dec/2004...
        ...25/Dec/2004...
        ...26/Dec/2004...
        ...26/Dec/2004...
        ...27/Dec/2004...
        ...27/Dec/2004...
        ...27/Dec/2004...
        ...27/Dec/2004...
        ...28/Dec/2004...
        ...28/Dec/2004...
        ...25/Dec/2004... <-- this one
        ...28/Dec/2004...
        ...28/Dec/2004...
        ...29/Dec/2004...

        When webalizer reaches the misplaced entry, it will get confused and
        return to "25/Dec/2004", messing everything up. Sometimes the
        misplaced entry will be before the other entries for its day, instead
        of after them. The symptoms are the same, I believe... Just search for
        an entry that is not together with all the other entries.

        You need to move the entry or entries to the right place in the log or
        delete them. Then set "Incremental no" in webalizer.conf and re-run
        all old logs. When you are finished set "Incremental yes" (if you had
        set it before) and resume operations as usual.

        If you are rotating logs, then you will have multiple logfiles. The
        misplaced entry may be in the same file as the other entries for the
        same day or in a different one. Use this to find all entries from all
        days on all files:

        grep access_log* -e "25/Dec/2004" | less

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Kostas Giokas" <k.giokas@v...>
        wrote:

        > I have exactly the same problem. And when I say exactly I mean
        exactly the
        > same. I am stuck mid April as well. I have done exactly the same,
        > uninstalled and re-installed webalizer but nothing.
        >

        > Kostas

        1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050071
        > 81:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
        camp=556&lineid
        > =3179269¢ç=egroupweb&pos=HM>
        >

        > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.
        1261774/D=egroupmai

      • tcranson@corewebtechnology.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
          I had the same issue with multiple domains and webalizer not updating.
          I'm still not sure what the issue was, btu I suspected that one fo my
          domains, which received a ton of traffic was causing the rest of the
          load to be ignored. I removed the for loop used to process the
          individual .conf files and listed each individually with the big one
          last and all is working fine now. As an extra precaution, until I find
          the true cause, I also create a separate webalizer.hist and
          webalizer.current for each virtualhost. All is well and updating daily.

          Trey