change of log format

  • strangevoicez
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2003
      Hi, newbie post. How u doing.

      At the moment I have apache and weblizer configured to produce stats
      from a local host every 30 minutes.

      The log file for a certain domain was in Common format ("%h %l %u %t
      \"%r\" %>s %b") but I would was asked to change this to an extended
      format ("%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}
      i\"" ) to show more information.

      Is there a way i can do this so that the seemlessly without having to
      start the stats from afresh?

      I suspect that I can do this by configuring the history in webalizer
      and rolling the apache log formats, but I am unable to find this in
      the programs documentations.

      cheers,
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2003
        Just change the format.. the webalizer will automatically pick up the
        additional referrern and user-agent fields.