SearchEngine question again

  • rtw_travel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2003
      I'm fine tuning the search engine section of the conf file.

      From previous posts on this subject, I've learned that I need to add
      the search engine file types to the PageType section. However, some
      search engines seem to have no file type other than a "?". (and what
      the heck does that mean, anyway) Overture and Dogpile are the two
      I've found so far.

      Dogpile is:
      http://search.dogpile.com/texis/search?q=

      Overture is:
      http://www.overture.com/d/search/?type=home&mkt=us&Keywords=

      My search type section includes
      SearchEngine dogpile. q=
      SearchEngine overture. Keywords=

      My page type section is
      PageType htm*
      PageType cgi
      PageType pl
      PageType asp
      PageType txt
      PageType shtml
      PageType phtml
      PageType php*
      PageType ?

      So far, no searches that I've clicked through on dogpile and overture
      show up in the usage file for our site.

      Any idea how to fix this?