RE: [webalizer] Sytes concept

  • Lightfoot.Michael
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2003
      > Hey Brad,
      >
      > The guy can barely understand English and I
      > am not real sure what you mean either. I am
      > a newbie using Webalizer and this guy probably
      > knows more than I ever will, but I would
      > appreciate a less than cryptic answer so I can
      > learn a few things too.

      From the uniq man page:

      The uniq utility will read an input file comparing adjacent
      lines, and write one copy of each input line on the output.
      The second and succeeding copies of repeated adjacent input
      lines will not be written.

      Repeated lines in the input will not be detected if they are
      not adjacent.

      REALLY BIG hint:

      man sort

      :-)

      Michael Lightfoot
      Unix Consultant
      ISG Host Systems
      Comcare
      +61 2 62750680
      Apologies for the rubbish that follows...
      NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
      information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
      disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
      error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
      does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.