Re: Display Complete Referal Strings?

  • djmixes_com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2003
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@w...>
      wrote:
      > mudbath78 wrote on 18-05-2002:
      >
      > > Anyone know if there is a way to get webalizer to display the
      > > complete referal strings in the referer section? Most of my links
      > > don't actually take me to the page people came from because of the
      > > parser built into webalizer. This is also a problem for search
      > > engine data since I don't know which search engine keywords came from
      > > which search engine.
      >
      > Webalizer strips everything from the first '?', so it cannot
      > display the complete referrer. You should check your logfiles
      > for this information.
      > --
      > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
      > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
      > Who are you ? What have you sacrificed ? [JC Superstar]

      You are joking right? What good is having referers if you don't know
      fro what page they are linking? Is this still true for the newest
      version too?
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2003
        > > Webalizer strips everything from the first '?', so it cannot
        > > display the complete referrer. You should check your logfiles
        > > for this information.
        > > --
        > > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
        > > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        > > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
        > > Who are you ? What have you sacrificed ? [JC Superstar]
        >
        > You are joking right? What good is having referers if you don't know
        > fro what page they are linking? Is this still true for the newest
        > version too?

        Nope, not joking. But the page is displayed, just not the cgi baggage
        that is tacked on to the end. If you want those, see posting #1585;
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webalizer/message/1585