RE: [webalizer] Error: Unable to restore run data (8)

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 11, 2003
      Incremental mode is for people who must rotate logs more frequently than
      once a month. 99.99999% of the world has no need to do so. If redhat
      insists on forcing a default configuration for apache to rotate once a
      week, it's still a pretty simple fix.. just make it rotate once a month
      instead.

      --

      On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Chris Mason wrote:

      > Since Redhat clearly indicate you should enable it for RH 7.2 servers, I
      > think your comment is misleading.
      >
      > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=60295
      >

      > >Since 99.99999% of the people who use incremental mode SHOULDN'T
      > >be, the simple fix is to disable incremental mode.
      >
      > --
      >
      > On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Chris Mason wrote:
      >
      > > I have not been able to get any stats for the last week on my Redhat
      > > webserver. When I run webalizer manually, I get:
      > >
      > > [root@server2 usage]# /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer
      > > Error: Unable to restore run data (8)
      > >
      > > Removing webalizer.current will allow it to run but then I lose the
      > month's
      > > history.
      > >
      > > Any ideas what to do?
      > >

      > > Chris Mason
      > > masonc@...
      > > Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
      > > Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463 Cell: 264 235 5670
      > > http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
      > > Talk to me in real time:
      > > Yahoo:netconcepts_anguilla
      > > US Fax and Voicemail: (815)301-9759

      > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

    • inof8_com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
        Webalizer does not run automatically, and when I try to run it
        manually I get this message "Error: Unable to restore run data (8)"
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
          Corrupt incremental data file. Remove the file and re-process your
          logs from the start of the month -or-, since 99.9999% of people who
          use incremental mode should not be, simply start rotating your logs
          once a month and disable incremental mode.

          --

          On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, inof8_com wrote:

          > Webalizer does not run automatically, and when I try to run it
          > manually I get this message "Error: Unable to restore run data (8)"
          > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

        • inof8_com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
            Thanks for the quick response. How do I do this? I assume I change
            the setting in the config file to disable incremental mode. I did
            try this, but that alone did not fix the problem. I am not that
            literate in Linux.

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/