RE: [webalizer] Error: Unable to restore run data (8)

  • Chris Mason
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 11, 2003
      > Since 99.99999% of the people who use incremental mode SHOULDN'T
      be, the simple fix is to disable incremental mode.

      When I disable incremental, I only get logs for the present week. Am I
      missing something?

      Redhat 7.2 server, standard install of Apache, mysql, webalizer.

      Chris Mason
    • Chris Mason
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 11, 2003
        Since Redhat clearly indicate you should enable it for RH 7.2 servers, I
        think your comment is misleading.

        http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=60295

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 11, 2003
          Incremental mode is for people who must rotate logs more frequently than
          once a month. 99.99999% of the world has no need to do so. If redhat
          insists on forcing a default configuration for apache to rotate once a
          week, it's still a pretty simple fix.. just make it rotate once a month
          instead.

          --

          On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Chris Mason wrote:

          > Since Redhat clearly indicate you should enable it for RH 7.2 servers, I
          > think your comment is misleading.
          >
          > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=60295
          >

          > >Since 99.99999% of the people who use incremental mode SHOULDN'T
          > >be, the simple fix is to disable incremental mode.
          >
          > --
          >
          > On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Chris Mason wrote:
          >
          > > I have not been able to get any stats for the last week on my Redhat
          > > webserver. When I run webalizer manually, I get:
          > >
          > > [root@server2 usage]# /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer
          > > Error: Unable to restore run data (8)
          > >
          > > Removing webalizer.current will allow it to run but then I lose the
          > month's
          > > history.
          > >
          > > Any ideas what to do?
          > >

          > > Chris Mason
          > > masonc@...
          > > Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
          > > Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463 Cell: 264 235 5670
          > > http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
          > > Talk to me in real time:
          > > Yahoo:netconcepts_anguilla
          > > US Fax and Voicemail: (815)301-9759

          > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

        • inof8_com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
            Webalizer does not run automatically, and when I try to run it
            manually I get this message "Error: Unable to restore run data (8)"
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
              Corrupt incremental data file. Remove the file and re-process your
              logs from the start of the month -or-, since 99.9999% of people who
              use incremental mode should not be, simply start rotating your logs
              once a month and disable incremental mode.

              --

              On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, inof8_com wrote:

              > Webalizer does not run automatically, and when I try to run it
              > manually I get this message "Error: Unable to restore run data (8)"
              > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

            • inof8_com
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2003
                Thanks for the quick response. How do I do this? I assume I change
                the setting in the config file to disable incremental mode. I did
                try this, but that alone did not fix the problem. I am not that
                literate in Linux.

                --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/