Sites VS Visits

  • Peppino Anselmi
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
      Hi there.
      It seems there is something confusing between 'Visits' and 'Sites'.
      'Sites' should be the count for different IP addresses, while
      'Visits' is the counter for single visits (more rare than the timeout value)

      However, I have more 'Sites' than 'Visits' in the same day.
      I heard that in Webalizer from version 2.0 on, this is an already
      known bug.

      Is there a version not affected by this problem?
      Does anyone have tried to correct the problem at code-level
      (manipulating C source code?)

      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Peppo.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2003
        > However, I have more 'Sites' than 'Visits' in the same day.
        > I heard that in Webalizer from version 2.0 on, this is an already
        > known bug.

        It is not a bug. It is highly possible and very common to have
        more sites than visits. Visits are triggered on page-type requests,
        while sites are counted regardless of request type.