Re: [webalizer] Wrong referral site report (no way they had a link to my site..)

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2003
      > That won't be hard to fix. The client information provided by the
      > client is stored in the logfile. The false information is there
      > only for advertising purposes. The clients abuse your system and
      > use a false referrer to advertise their sites.
      >
      > With the option "IgnoreReferrer" you can remove them from your
      > output.

      Using the "Ignore*" options will produce incorrect stat results..
      instead, use "HideReferrer" which will remove them from the output
      and still maintain correct numbers.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2003
        The Webalizer simply reads in whatever logs you tell it to read and
        produces reports based on what it finds. If your logs have dates
        for 2002, that is what you will get. Check the output of the program
        (at the command line when run.. make sure you don't have the Quiet
        or ReallyQuiet options enabled) to verify it is using the correct
        log file.

        --

      • julie@the-gadgeteer.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2003
          If you use the IngoreReferrer, will it then not show ANY referrer sites at
          all? I do have some good ones mixed in with the bad ones. I don't want to
          lose the good data.