Re: [webalizer] Re: Why not enough hits?

  • Pete Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2003
      In message <b6s3nd+3kjt@...>, John Rowe <john@...>
      writes

      >Are there ANY php pages showing at all? If not I would check your
      >webalizer.conf and make sure php is set as a PageType.
      >
      >That's the only thing I can think of.

      Yes, the "utilities" pages, where the owner adds data, which are all
      PHP.

      I would like to see more pages, so I need to increase the Top 30. I can
      see that I have to change webalizer.conf, but I cannot find it - the
      hosting company supplied webalizer, it just needed installing using
      their instructions. Where would you expect it to be?

      ...and is there a user manual?

      >--- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "computergenius999"
      ><computergenius@h...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I set up a PHP counter on one of the pages - it increases the value
      >> found in a text file, every time the page is accessed. Crude but
      >> effective. On this particular page, the counter shows 6459 hits in
      >> total since Feb 27 this year.
      >>
      >> Then I figured out how to install Webalizer. On the top 30 URLs,
      >the
      >> highest is only 1574 for the month of March. The page with the PHP
      >> counter does not appear at all! And the top 30 goes down to 51
      >hits
      >> for the month. So why is the 6459 hits not appearing? I would
      >> expect to see about 5000 in March.
      >>
      >> Does the top 30 URLs only list something like uniques? The PHP
      >> counter increments every time the page is called from the server.
      >>
      >> ...and is there a "user manual" (rather than "installation
      >manual"?
      >> I have the standard setup, I can't even figure out where the
      >> configuration file should appear.
      >>
      >> Pete

      >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
      >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      Pete Clark

      Just because they are doing it, doesn't make it right
      No more terrorism - Arabic, American, or British