Re: Why not enough hits?

  • John Rowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2003
      Are there ANY php pages showing at all? If not I would check your
      webalizer.conf and make sure php is set as a PageType.

      That's the only thing I can think of.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "computergenius999"
      <computergenius@h...> wrote:

      > I set up a PHP counter on one of the pages - it increases the value
      > found in a text file, every time the page is accessed. Crude but
      > effective. On this particular page, the counter shows 6459 hits in
      > total since Feb 27 this year.
      >
      > Then I figured out how to install Webalizer. On the top 30 URLs,
      the
      > highest is only 1574 for the month of March. The page with the PHP
      > counter does not appear at all! And the top 30 goes down to 51
      hits
      > for the month. So why is the 6459 hits not appearing? I would
      > expect to see about 5000 in March.
      >
      > Does the top 30 URLs only list something like uniques? The PHP
      > counter increments every time the page is called from the server.
      >
      > ...and is there a "user manual" (rather than "installation
      manual"?
      > I have the standard setup, I can't even figure out where the
      > configuration file should appear.
      >
      > Pete
    • Pete Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2003
        In message <b6s3nd+3kjt@...>, John Rowe <john@...>
        writes

        >Are there ANY php pages showing at all? If not I would check your
        >webalizer.conf and make sure php is set as a PageType.
        >
        >That's the only thing I can think of.

        Yes, the "utilities" pages, where the owner adds data, which are all
        PHP.

        I would like to see more pages, so I need to increase the Top 30. I can
        see that I have to change webalizer.conf, but I cannot find it - the
        hosting company supplied webalizer, it just needed installing using
        their instructions. Where would you expect it to be?

        ...and is there a user manual?

        >--- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "computergenius999"
        ><computergenius@h...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I set up a PHP counter on one of the pages - it increases the value
        >> found in a text file, every time the page is accessed. Crude but
        >> effective. On this particular page, the counter shows 6459 hits in
        >> total since Feb 27 this year.
        >>
        >> Then I figured out how to install Webalizer. On the top 30 URLs,
        >the
        >> highest is only 1574 for the month of March. The page with the PHP
        >> counter does not appear at all! And the top 30 goes down to 51
        >hits
        >> for the month. So why is the 6459 hits not appearing? I would
        >> expect to see about 5000 in March.
        >>
        >> Does the top 30 URLs only list something like uniques? The PHP
        >> counter increments every time the page is called from the server.
        >>
        >> ...and is there a "user manual" (rather than "installation
        >manual"?
        >> I have the standard setup, I can't even figure out where the
        >> configuration file should appear.
        >>
        >> Pete

        >Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
        >Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        Pete Clark

        Just because they are doing it, doesn't make it right
        No more terrorism - Arabic, American, or British