Re: [webalizer] TLD evaluation

  • Clemens Hermann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
      Am 19.01.2001 um 09:56:37 schrieb Jean-Noel HAYART:

      Hi Jean-Noel,

      thanks for your help!

      > witch version of webalizer do you use ???

      Version 1.30 on FreeBSD 4.2.

      I do not use a config-file but start webalizer from the commandline as
      follows:

      webalizer -n www.domain.tld -o /log/directory /location/of
      /apache/logfile -q

      is it necessary to provide a commandline option so that webalizer can
      evaluate the IPs given in the apache logs? Or is it a better Idea to let
      apache use FQDNs instead of IPs and if - how can this be accomplished?

      bye

      /ch
    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
        i can't help you cause i use only Nt version, and i'm not shure than in
        v1.30 you can use FQDN ..

        sorry

        Am 19.01.2001 um 09:56:37 schrieb Jean-Noel HAYART:

        Hi Jean-Noel,

        thanks for your help!

        > witch version of webalizer do you use ???

        Version 1.30 on FreeBSD 4.2.

        I do not use a config-file but start webalizer from the commandline as
        follows:

        webalizer -n www.domain.tld -o /log/directory /location/of
        /apache/logfile -q

        is it necessary to provide a commandline option so that webalizer can
        evaluate the IPs given in the apache logs? Or is it a better Idea to let
        apache use FQDNs instead of IPs and if - how can this be accomplished?

        bye

        /ch

      • Raimund Huber
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
          you need webalizer 2.01 available from htttp://www.webalizer.com
          (reverse dns lookup is supported since this version)

          or you could config your httpd.conf (the apache mai nconfig file) to do the
          dns lookup and to write it in the log. (i think it is the better idea to
          change the apache config if you can)
          good luck
          Raimund Huber