Old stats are lost/reduced each day

  • dumorian
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2003
      I replaced a redhat linux webserver with a new machine. I moved lots
      of
      files to the new server, but did not move anything from /usr regarding
      Webalizer.

      I use the following cron for each vhost on the machine with slightly
      different times set for each.

      50 23 * * * /usr/bin/webalizer -n rockbridgeweekly.com -r
      rockbridgeweekly.com -R 50 -o /home/rweekly/htdocs/usage/
      /home/rweekly/logs/access_log

      Webilizer is properly writing to this /usage directory. However, since
      the machine change, only the data for the current day seems to be
      proper. The previous day is cut by about half and other days in the
      month are either not showing any data or have only a tiny amount left
      in
      them. This can be seen at http://rockbridgeweekly.com/usage

      I first was using the old webalizer files for each user, which were
      moved from the old server and after that didn't work, I deleted all
      those files, in the individual /usage directories, to try to reset the
      history and such.

      I did move my /etc/webalizer.conf file from the old server. Both
      machines are running the same version of Redhat and both are patched
      the same level and have the same version of Webalizer on them.

      There must be some file somewhere which is holding some old data which
      needs to be deleted or reset? Help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      --
      John Hinton - Goshen, VA.
      http://www.ew3d.com